The Old Farmer’s Almanac was right once again. This winter was the coldest and most brutal most of us have seen or will see in our lives, which is what makes today so fantastic. Friday, March 20th is officially the end of winter for the North America! Plus, it’s International Day of Happiness, promoted by the United Nations, which means you have even more reason to have a great day.
Besides welcoming warmer weather with open arms, we can gaze upon the colorful flowers and greener nature, taste springtime fruits and vegetables, grill outside, soak in the sunshine and Vit-D (make sure to wear sunscreen), and live happier from the beauty and warmth surrounding us.
The following includes a few things you can do on the first day of spring to make everyone around you have a more meaningful day:
1. Make eye contact and smile at each person you meet
2. Assist others in need
3. Convey appreciation for others
4. Call your parents, significant other and/or children just to say “I love you”
5. Perform acts of kindness, no matter how small or big
6. Volunteer your time or donate money to a good cause
7. Answer the phone with a happy tone
8. Compliment as many people as you can
9. Allow others in a hurry to cut in front of you in line
10. Be nice all day long despite negativity that may come your way
We hope these few tips will brighten up your day and everyone around you, while enjoying the start of spring. Although most of us will be soaking in the warm temperatures, it also means that some are experiencing the aftermath of the chilliest winter including property damage. Please Call Paul if you have any property damage caused by fire, water, mold or storms. Paul Davis is here to help!
– From your neighbors at Paul Davis